Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Meatballs!

We made spaghetti on Sunday for eight people. Ben loves spaghetti, so we tend to eat it a lot. I get tired of the same old spaghetti we make all the time, so I decided we were going to have meatballs in  it. I have never made meatballs by myself before. I looked up some recipes, decided on a few that looked good to get a base idea, then I went for it! I wrote down what I did because I have this bad habit of not writing down what I put in my food when I cook it. Now, I have the recipe forever! This recipe is not exactly what I did because I felt the need for minor adjustments. This should be a little better than what we had Sunday.

Ingredients:
 1 lb ground beef
1-2 slices bread, ground into bread crumbs (the more bread crumbs, the more moist. I used 2 slices, which made about a cup of crumbs)
2 t parsley
1 T grated parmesan
2 T onion, minced
1/2 T minced garlic
2 t Italian seasoning
1/4 t salt
1/4 t pepper
1 egg

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Combine all ingredients in large bowl. 
3. Roll into desired size. I did about tablespoon size. I divided the mixture into about 32 balls. 
4. Space them out evenly on a baking sheet, and bake until the internal temperature is 160 degrees. The cooking time will vary depending on the size. I cooked them in the oven about 20 minutes, then put them in the spaghetti sauce to simmer about an hour. 


That's it! Easy and delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment